COVID-19 Practices & Protocol
Dear valued client of Southside Animal Hospital;
On Thursday 5/21, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer lifted official restrictions for veterinary facilities effective 5-29-2020. While this is a welcome occurrence for pets and pet owners requiring non-essential services, it does not signal a return to pre-covid activities. We understand that COVID-19 remains a threat in our community. With an abundance of caution and with a goal to keep our pet families and staff safe, we will be implementing a slowly progressive restoration of services. We are utilizing the AVMAs recommendations as a template for restoration. We graciously appreciate your patience and cooperation as we implement our new temporary “normal”.
What will be different: (effective June 1st 2020)
- We can schedule appointments for and see pets for non-essential services, including annual exams, vaccinations, anal sac expression, toe nail trims and heartworm testing.
- We are no longer prohibited from doing elective surgeries such as spays, neuters, dentals and growth removals
- Surgeries requiring equipment such as sterile gloves may need to wait until our supply chain is fully functional
- We have a very long waiting list of patients that we will need to work through for elective surgeries. Please be patient with us.
- We will be able to do some face to face appointments
- This will be for selected cases that cannot be done by curbside or telemedicine routes
- We ask that no more than 2 people accompany the pet into the clinic
- We ask that owners wear face coverings when in the clinic
What will remain the same:
- We will continue to limit access to our lobby and will continue collecting history and triaging the pet via phone
- Most procedures will be done via curbside pick-up of animal.
- Clients should park in the parking lot and call our office once they are here
- Our staff will triage your pet and collect a history
- Our staff will pick your pet up from the car, wearing a mask and we will examine the pet in the clinic
- We will call you on your cell phone to discuss our findings and further diagnostics or treatment.
- Dismissal and payment protocol will take place over the phone
- Your pet will be returned to your car by our staff
- We ask that if you are sick, have a pending covid test or a positive covid test that you do not personally bring your pet to the clinic
- When possible we will do telemedicine to decrease your risk of coming out to the clinic
- Most medication refills can still be done via mail
- Hills prescription food can be set up to ship directly to your home
-Southside Animal Hospital